There are a few great things about this event:
- Join the $400 billion market revolution – learn about the real challenges of cities and create solutions!
- Discover Smart City industry that needs YOUR solutions!
- Over $40K in funding for the winning solutions that will be implemented and piloted in the municipalities.
- Opportunity to create a solution that will be relevant for many cities locally, regionally, maybe even globally!
- Join a community of movers and shakers – the UNDP family will share with you further opportunities and knowledge
- Challenge yourself and help your country grow!
- We facilitate the process with municipalities and try to make it as easy as possible. So you are not alone in this high-potential, yet difficult market.
- You can win a small grant – no strings attached!
- Startups have a chance to pitch their solution in a final event of Tech4Muni (on the same day) – exposure to ministries, municipalities and guests from the industry.
- Even if you end up not receiving a possibility to have a pilot with relevant municipalities, you get a great exposure, a chance to meet other potential customers and to validate your solution’s potential in a GovTech vertical (technologies for the public sector)
- It’s a few hours with stakeholders from municipalities and the government – great networking ☺
Our event is not a pure hackathon. It’s a focused event to get you your next customer:
STEP 1: Apply to take part in the Innovation Sprint
STEP 2: After getting accepted to participate, let us know what experts you would like to speak to. We will do our best to provide you with the needed mentorship. Also, you will have a chance to speak to the municipality leaders to understand the challenge better.
STEP 3: Start solving the challenge and prepare for the Innovation Sprint.
STEP 4: Take part in the Tech4Muni MK sprint and show us your solution!
STEP 5: Win and implement your solution in the cities – get the funding and your next customers!
Tech4Muni is opened to any companies interested in the field which have solutions relevant to the challenges. You can register HERE. After your registration, we will contact you to finalize the selection process.
- You need to be a company (of any size) with a prototype or a working product.
- This solution needs to be (potentially) relevant to solve the challenges.
- You are expected to be present during the whole event on 10th and 11th September 2019.
No. Participation is free! On top of that, we provide participants with refreshments, lunch and drinks throughout the whole event.
This is not a classic hackathon. This opportunity is available to any company that potentially has relevant solutions that are ready to be tested live!
We do encourage all the startups to apply. We will do our best to accommodate all the interesting solutions to give you access to potential customers – the municipalities.
The judges will be assessing the teams based on the following criteria:
- Does the idea solve the real challenge(s)?
- Is the technology advanced and provides significant value?
- Is the team well balanced and has a relevant skillset?
- Is the technology mature and ready to be implemented?
Please bring your laptop and any additional materials you may need. This is mostly a bring-your-own-tools event. We can help with coordination and recommendations as we get closer to the event.
We will provide wireless internet connection and access to electricity. We are also doing our best to provide interesting data sets or materials needed to understand the challenges better. If you need anything else, let us know and we’ll try to make it happen!
The team that develops the project is the owner of the project and IP.